9/15/15 - Minority Business Enterprise Certification & VOLT Loan Workshop
Friday, July 24, 2015
Posted by: Megan Mann
The Minority Business Enterprise Certification Workshop
DATE: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
TIME: 9:30 am to 11:30 am
LOCATION: Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation, 2660 Riva Road, Suite 200, Annapolis MD 21401
COST: No charge - PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
NOTE: Seating is limited. If seating reaches capacity, registration will close. To reserve your seat, register today.
CONTACT: Kisha Logan - 410-222-7410 or email@example.com
Opportunities exist for small minority and woman owned businesses to meet minority participation goals on government and private sector contacts. But you must be a certified MBE, DBE, ACDBE or SBE company to be eligible to bid on these contracts.
In this workshop we will take an in depth look at the Uniform Certification Application and answer the most common question about the process.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to apply for certification as a:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE),
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE),
- Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- What the five eligibility standards are
- How to connect to business opportunities with the State of Maryland
- Marketing and business development tips
LaCheryl E. Jones, Public Relations Manager, Office of Minority Business Enterprise, Maryland Department of Transportation