TCS CEO Elected to Fifth Term on CTIA - The Wireless Association's Board of Directors
Monday, September 14, 2015
Posted by: Megan Mann
TeleCommunication Systems CEO Elected to Fifth Term on CTIA - The Wireless Association's Board of Directors
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Sept. 11, 2015 -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology, today announced that its Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Board Maurice B. Tose has been re-elected to the board of directors of CTIA -The Wireless Association®. CTIA is an international nonprofit membership organization, which has been representing the wireless communications industry since 1984.
- Membership in CTIA includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products.
- Mr. Tose's fifth one-year term will begin January 1, 2016.
- TCS plays a leading role in the CTIA Cyber Security Working Group that focuses on initiating policy, establishing best practices and standards, and sharing known vulnerabilities and recommended countermeasures.
- TCS is actively involved with the CTIA Privacy Working Group that focuses on establishing best practices and guidelines regarding consumer privacy for location-based services and personal information.
- TCS worked closely with CTIA to meet the FCC's ruling on the advances of wireless 9-1-1 location accuracy, including requirements for indoor wireless 9-1-1 calls in delivering a "dispatchable location."
Meredith Atwell Baker, President and CEO, CTIA, said: "Under the leadership of its officers and the board of directors, CTIA and its members are well positioned to lead efforts to secure additional spectrum for mobile broadband as well as encourage innovation and competition to benefit all Americans. We are fortunate to have this diverse and distinguished group guide our efforts."
Maurice B. Tose, CEO, TeleCommunication Systems, said: "As the most influential forum focused on mobile innovation, CTIA is fostering new technology via the world's mobile ecosystem to improve the 'connected lives' of people and enterprises. I am honored to continue my service on the CTIA board as an advocate on behalf of the Other Supplier members."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security. Learn more at www.telecomsys.com.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Liolios Group, Inc.