Benchmark Litigation Names Whiteford, Taylor & Preston 2016 Maryland Law Firm of the Year
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Posted by: Megan Mann
Baltimore – Benchmark Litigation has named Whiteford, Taylor & Preston LLP “Maryland Law Firm of the Year” for 2016. The award was presented February 12 at Benchmark Litigation’s annual U.S. awards ceremony in New York City. In published commentary, Benchmark Litigation describes Whiteford, Taylor & Preston as “simply top-notch” and states that “[c]lients flock to the firm for its ‘excellence in litigation skills and experience.’”
The 2016 edition of Benchmark Litigation recently named eight lawyers from the firm as Maryland “Local litigation Stars.” They include:
- Edward Buxbaum – General Commercial, Personal Injury, and Professional Liability
- Kevin Hroblak – Bankruptcy, General Commercial and Professional Liability
- Harry Johnson – General Commercial, Product Liability, and Environmental
- Richard Magid – Appellate, General Commercial, and Securities
- Albert Mezzanotte, Jr. – Appellate, General Commercial, Insurance, and Product Liability
- Paul Nussbaum – Bankruptcy and Professional Liability
- William Ryan, Jr. – Appellate, General Commercial, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Securities, and Professional Liability
- Steven Tiller – Intellectual Property.
About Benchmark: Benchmark Litigation focuses exclusively on the U.S. litigation market and conducts extensive interviews each year to identify leading lawyers in each state and nationally. The “highly recommended” listings identify the firms deemed “dominant” in the state, based on the interviews with clients and peers. Benchmark Plaintiff is a relatively new product, created in response to requests from potential clients searching for reliable analysis and recommendations of litigators doing prosecutorial work. The Benchmark resources are published by Legal Media Group/Euromoney PLC, which is one of the top financial and legal presses in Europe and Asia.
About Whiteford, Taylor & Preston LLP: The over 150 attorneys at Whiteford, Taylor & Preston are dedicated to offering a comprehensive range of business law and litigation service to regional, national and international clients. We deliver sophisticated, cost-effective legal services to innovative start-ups, middle market companies and global enterprises from our twelve offices in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, Kentucky, Michigan, Delaware and Pennsylvania.