TeleCommunication Systems Strengthens Its North American Market Position
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Posted by: Megan Mann
TeleCommunication Systems Strengthens Its North American Market Position by Providing Turnkey Location Systems to Canada's Leading Wireless Operators
TCS' Xypoint® Mobile Location Center Supports a Host of Applications including Emergency Services (E9-1-1) and Value-Added Services
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 18, 2016 -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology, today announced that it is strengthening its North American market position by providing four of Canada's largest communications companies with turnkey Location Based Services (LBS) systems and services. TCS' location platform supports a range of services including Voice over LTE (VoLTE) Emergency Services and Value-Added Services. TCS has supported the four Canadian Operators with 2G, 3G, and 4G LBS platforms since 2009.
- Through its location platform, TCS brings together all of the LBS components needed to locate any user across any type of network and deliver that location to user devices, location-based applications, enterprises, emergency responders, and public safety services and agencies.
- Equipped with virtual node technology, the fully integrated location platform consolidates all of the capabilities of the various network location servers — precise or coarse location, any wireless interface, 2G/3G/4G/LTE — into one scalable solution. TCS' turnkey location platform is capable of locating any mobile device connected to any one of the Canadian operator's 2G-GSM, 3G-UMTS or 4G-LTE networks.
- By leveraging TCS' location platform, these Canadian communications companies will additionally gain support for several applications including:
- Emergency Services (E9-1-1): This includes support for Circuit-switched Voice and Text-to-9-1-1 Calls, and various flavors of IP Multi-media Subsystem (IMS)-based Voice over IP (VoIP) originations, including VoLTE, Voice over Wi-Fi, Voice over Wireline and Next-Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) services.
- Value-Added Services: The versatility of the TCS system also enables the support of revenue-generating Value-Added Services, enabling these Canadian communications companies to monetize its investment in the location system.
- TCS is providing carrier-grade, highly-available hardware and software system, installation/commissioning services and ongoing 24x7 support.
- TCS, which is recognized by Frost & Sullivan as the only provider of every element in the LBS value chain, offers a time-tested end-to-end flexible solution that includes applications, infrastructure, mapping and content. ABI Research and Informa Telecoms & Media rank TCS as the second largest global provider of location infrastructure.
TCS Commercial Software Group President Jay Whitehurst said: "The overall growth of mobile adoption in Canada coupled with an increasing reliance on wireless for emergency communications, as well as other location-dependent applications, have created a demand for comprehensive LBS solutions. The scalability and versatility of TCS' location platform allows operators to meet the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission's public safety requirements while additionally giving them a foundation on which to build future revenue-generating Value-Added Services. Providing our location platform to four of Canada's leading wireless operators also underpins our position as the market leader of location solutions in the Canadian market, and further establishes TCS as the premier vendor in the emerging areas of VoLTE, VoWiFi and NG9-1-1."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Liolios Group, Inc.